Our consultantís office has been established in 1978 and has since then been active in the range of engineering geology and hydrogeology.
At present the staff of the office consists of geologists with pluridecennial individual experience, all engaged in consulting work for civil engineering projects in the field of dams, tunnels, roads, railway lines, bridges and small to large building projects, as well as slope stability, ground contamination and groundwater problems.
Within this range of projects our activities are the following:
- We carry out the preliminary studies and elaborate the concepts for and supervise the investigation work (geophysics, trenching, drilling, laboratory tests etc.)
- We propose the adequate consolidation and protection measures for unstable slopes
- We organise and supervise hydrogeological pumping and tracer tests for water wells and springs and define the necessary protection zones
- We organise and supervise the investigation of contaminated sites
- We produce the geological contribution to the environmental impact studies
- We carry out in our laboratory the chemical and physical water analyses
- We have a vast experience in the organization and the continuous monitoring of slope movements (together with alarm systems) and ground water levels.
- Luzzone, Carassina, Malvaglia, Gries, Naret I and Naret II, Cavagnoli, Robiei, Zoet, Sambuco and Palagnedra of the Blenio and Maggia hydropower companies;
- Oberaar, Totensee, Grimsel Seeuferegg and Spitallamm, Raeterichsboden, Gelmer and Mattenalp of the Kraftwerke Oberhasli AG;
- Contra (Verzasca SA), Roggiasca (Elin SA), Carmena (City of Bellinzona), Ritom (Swiss Federal Railways), Zwirgi (BKW).
On behalf of the Office for Energy our senior staff participate in the panels of experts responsible for the safety of over twenty large dams in Switzerland:
Our group and our collaborators are collective and / or individual members of the following professional associations:
|SGS||Swiss Geological Society|
|SMPG||Swiss Mineralogical and Petrographic Society|
|CHGEOL||Swiss Association of Geologists|
|EFG||European Federation of Geologists|
|SGH||Swiss Hydro Geological Society|
|SFIG||Swiss Specialist Group of Engineering Geology|
|IAE||Internat. Association for Engineering Geology and the Environment|
|SGBF||Swiss Society for Soil and Rock Mechanics|
|ISRM||International Society of Rock Mechanics|
|FGU||Swiss Specialist Group for Underground works|
|The Geological Society, London|